Ok, I'll start by saying that I love jQuery as much as the next developer, and every contributor has my eternal thanks, but there is a problem.
Plugin development goes crazy, in that many similar plugins are released, and often these are just modifications including other sets of modifications. There must be a better way, like isn't this what version control is made for?
Here is an excerpt of http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins#Forms
* Autocomplete by Dylan Verheul
Autocomplete with caching to limit server requests and other options.
* jQuery Autocomplete Mod by Dan G. Switzer
Modification of Autocomplete plugin with enhancements and bug fixes.
* Modified Auto-complete by Anjesh Tuladhar
Auto-complete plugin extended for auto-completing multiple words in the same text input
* Autocomplete by Jörn Zaefferer
Heavily improved Dylan Verheul’s initial plugin, integrating modifications by Dan G. Switzer and Anjesh Tuladhar.
* jQuery Autocomplete by Saurabh Periwal
Modification of Autocomplete plugin with enhancements of onItemSelect and Multiselect.
* Jeditable + Autocomplete by Ritesh Agrawal
End of snippet.