The benefits as I see them are:
- Mercurial hosting
- Ability to branch and publish any number of branches (a la launchpad)
- Plain web space for hosting generated documentation etc, with built-in wiki
- User interface entirely geared around source code
- I don't have to host it myself
- Responsive and generous developers
|Mercurial||Publish many branches||Web space||Wiki||Hosted by someone else for free|
There are features that I would still really like, and the great developers are implementing them as we speak. The most exciting is the idea of an API where third-party applications could be written to do just about anything.
So Bitbucket.org, it's perfect for me, maybe it is perfect for you too.